DUTIES OF THE BOARD:
- The Board shall be responsible for the organization and operation of the 50+ Activity Centre.
- Directors shall not have authority as individuals, but only as member of the corporate body.
- The Board shall create an Executive Committee consisting of the:-President, two Vice Presidents, Treasurer and at least one other Director. This committee shall have authority to act for the Board in all matters that arise between meetings of the Board.
- The Board shall appoint Conveners of Standing Committees and Ad Hoc Committees.
- The Board shall hold at least four meetings during the fiscal year.
- A Quorum of the Board shall consist of the President, a Vice President and three other Directors. In the absence of the President, the remaining Vice President will take the President’s place for a total of at least five Directors.
- Board of Director’s Meetings:
- Directors shall be notified of all Board meetings seven days before the meeting.
- The minutes of the previous meeting and the agenda for the forthcoming meeting shall be distributed with the above notification.
- Method of notification shall be at the discretion of the President and the Secretary.
- In an emergency, the Directors may meet and by a motion duly passed, waive the requirement of seven days notice.
- A person may not serve as a convenor of more than one committee of the 50+ Activity Centre concurrently except by Board approval.
- At any committee meeting, a majority of committee members shall constitute a Quorum.